May 30, 2009

Kiss me, I'm unemployed!

So, yeah.. As of last Thursday, I've joined the ranks of the unemployed. It's a weird feeling to have all of this free time. The truth of it is that, subconsciously, I've been wanting this to happen for months. And, well, it did. Yippee, I guess!

Now, I actually have to follow through on my threat to leave Las Vegas, the city that I hate with the heat of a thousand habanero peppers.

Truth be told, I do feel quite liberated, so, it's not all bad. It wasn't the job that was the problem, it was a whole host of other things. Even though they kicked my ass to the curb, they are still an awesome company.

When my manager came around and asked if we could have a 'lil chat, I didn't think anything of it. As we were walking down the hallway of doom, she started randomly talking about Jaime Foxx.. then, she began to hum the refrain from "Blame it on the alcohol." I knew I was screwed.

It's all good, though. I figure I'll be a bum for a couple of weeks, maybe longer, then figure out where I actually want to move to. Will it be Los Angeles or Seattle? I really feel like I can move anywhere that I want. Frankly, that is an awesome feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment